Front Desk & Operations Assistant (Full-Time Temporary Contract 9 months)
DCU Language Services is seeking to employ a front desk assistant for its busy campus-based
The position involves 2 main areas of responsibility:
1) Customer Service
2) Administrative Duties
We are looking for individuals with a very strong work ethic who relish and actively seek out new
challenges. We are interested in highly-disciplined professionals who can work effectively,
enthusiastically and productively in a team-work environment and who will readily set goals for
themselves to meet the targets set by the Company.
The main duties involved in this role include:
• Answering student and client queries.
• Booking of university classrooms / event venues.
• Updating student and company records (attendance & reports).
• Providing and collating documentation e.g. evaluation and feedback forms.
• Liaising with management, teaching and business development colleagues as required.
• Preparation of material, information & reports for clients.
• Assisting with arrival arrangements for individual students and groups.
• Secretarial work including word processing, spread-sheets, filing, making & receiving calls.
• Maintaining stock of stationery and office supplies.
• Liaising with university support services (Cleaning, Maintenance, Security)
• Other administrative duties that may be required from time to time.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
We are seeking staff who have:
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Excellent administration and secretarial skills.
• High standards of customer service.
• A positive attitude to team-work and collaborative projects.
• Written and oral fluency in English (Fluency in another language an advantage).
• Experience of working in a busy service environment (EFL experience an advantage).
• Competence in Microsoft Word & Excel (experience in using business-management software
e.g. ‘Class’ or other business management system an advantage).
• An ability to multitask during busy periods.
• A qualification at third level (desirable not essential).
We are seeking staff who will:
• Participate constructively and positively in the operation and development of the business
and the services it provides.
• Actively demonstrate a high level of commitment to the Company Mission and Principles of
Operation and act as an ambassador for the business.
• Conduct professional interactions in line with DCU LS corporate standards.
• Behave in a courteous manner at all times in dealing with students, co-workers, clients,
support staff and management.
Contract: 9-month (3-month probationary period), renewable, full-time post
Salary: € 24,455 p.a.
Application closing Date: Friday 28
th April 2017
Start Date: Immediate
Please apply by email to: Ruth McNamara– School Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting Front Desk Assistant in the subject.
All applications must include:
Cover letter outlining suitability for the role
CV with current postal address, daytime contact number & email address
Details of 2 referees known to the applicant in a professional EFL capacity, including their name,
position held, email address and work contact number
Scans of original relevant academic qualifications
Dublin City University Language Services is an equal opportunities employer and a member of
MEI-RELSA and QQI-ACELS.
Please note: Incomplete applications or applications from individuals without the minimum
qualifications and relevant experience will not receive a reply.